The Merchandising Assistant contributes to the seasonal production process by coordinating the approvals and execution of manufacturing orders. The position is a hybrid between Sales and Production – coordinating and ensuring timely customer/overseas communication to achieve the goal of on time delivery for our buyer’s orders.
· Customer Service Sales Oriented Communication with buyers for their orders
· Daily email communication with overseas and customers
· Review orders from customers / check for accuracy · Create SKUS and Factory Purchase Orders in PLM and send to factories
· Manage and submit all “testing requests” as required by customers through BV or One Source
· Monitor TNA of styles
· Receive DHL production samples from overseas, check, photograph, log, and review
· Constant review with PD/Sales/Design Team all approvals i.e. dips/strike-offs/trims
· Communicate approvals/rejections to overseas teams by detailed photos down to the intricate details
· Monitor status of fit approvals with Tech Design Team; communication with customer on fit status
· Checking of lab dips, strike offs, pp samples, filing any necessary accessories etc.
· Organize and request customer AD, PP, and TOP samples from overseas
· Log on line to Customer’s websites and/or portal to review/train on Manual info as · Review labels/hangtags for accuracy
· Review and comment on product put up and hanging ways
Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
· Customer oriented – sales customer service
· Sensibility for merchandising/design
· Superior organizational and communication skills
· Contribute positively to dynamic team; teamwork environment
· Ability to manage to and meet deadlines · Excel/PLM experience
· 1-3 years’ experience in an apparel/sourcing/production role
Benefits & Perks:
Artisan 34 offers an array of Perks. To name a few; Free Coffee, Drinks, Snacks, Flexible Schedule, Paid Time Off for Volunteer Work, and Summer Fridays. Artisan 34 offers Health, Dental, and Vision plans as well.